Riding Gear Requirements (IRC, ARC, ARC-L2)
· Helmet - DOT-compliant helmet, full-face is preferred (half helmets are not allowed). Personal helmets are subject to inspection for DOT-compliance and to make sure that they are in good working condition.
· Eye protection - Face shield, goggles or some form of sun/eyeglasses. They may be tinted or clear. Ordinary prescription glasses may be worn.
· Gloves - Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable.
· Pants - You must wear long, durable pants. No exceptions. Denim, textile or leather jeans are preferred. All pants are required to have NO holes in them and must come down to the foot. Spandex or cotton leggings are NOT acceptable.
· Jacket - Durable leather or textile jacket (armored, motorcycle-specific is preferred)
· Boots -Must extend above, completely encircle and support the ankle. Boots can be hiking type that provide reinforced ankle support. Your boots should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn’t be higher than what is commonly on a “workman’s boot.” Thin fabric footwear made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star “Chuck Taylor”, dress boots and "Chelsea" type boots with elastic side panels are examples of footwear that DO NOT meet the requirements.