Riding Gear Requirements (IRC, ARC, ARC-L2)
· Helmet - DOT-compliant helmet (Full-face or ¾ preferred). Personal helmets are subject to inspection for DOT-compliance and to make sure that they are in good working condition.
· Eye protection - Face shield, goggles or some form of sun/eyeglasses. They may be tinted or clear. Ordinary prescription glasses may be worn.
· Gloves - Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable.
· Pants - You must wear long, durable pants. No exceptions. Denim, textile or leather jeans are preferred. All pants are required to have NO holes in them and must come down to the foot. Spandex or cotton leggings are NOT acceptable.
· Jacket - Durable leather or textile jacket (armored, motorcycle-specific is preferred)
· Boots/Shoes - Over the ankle with little to no heel. Shoes can be hiking type that provides reinforced ankle support. Boots are preferred. Your footwear should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn’t be higher than what is commonly on a “workman’s boot.” Thin fabric shoes made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star “Chuck Taylor” or dress shoe are examples of shoes that DO NOT meet the requirements.